Meyer, Stephanie. (2005). Twilight. New York: Little, Brown, and Company.Booktalk:
Seventeen year-old Isabella is forced to move from Florida to the small, rainy town of Forks, WA. to live with her father. Bella's life is uneventful and high school is painful until she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen. The attraction is instantaneously and irresistible and is all the more complicated by the fact that Edward is a vampire.
Like any teenage girl Bella feels the strain of juggling school, family, friends, and a relationship. However the consequences of falling in love with a vampire are much more fatal than dating the boy next door. Will Bella survive this love or is this the Twilight of her human life?
- ALA Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2006
- Black-Eyed Susan Award, 2007-2008
- Isinglass Teen Read Award, 2006-2007
- Publishers Weekly's Best Children's Books of 2005
- School Library Journal's Best Books of 2005