|Image credit: Carrie Ryan|
In a post-apocalyptic world of zombies a teenager must find courage to protect the ones she loves.
What lies beyond the fences in the Forest of Hands and Teeth? Mary is like any other teenager; she falls in love, she is rebellious, and she has had a best friend since she was little. But Mary's world is post-apocalyptic and overrun with undead cannibals who threaten her existence. When the village fences succumb to the relentless undead, Mary is forced to flee with a small group of friends. And so begins a journey for truth, safety, and a world long forgotten. Will Mary find what she is looking for in the Forest of Hands and Teeth?
I think about how fragile we are here—like fish in a glass bowl with darkness pressing in on every side.
- ALA Best Books for Young Adults selection
- Borders Original Voices finalist
- Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book
- Denver Public Library Best Teen Books, 2009
- Georgia Peach Book AwardNomination, 2010-2011
- IndieBound Kids' Indie Next List for Spring 2009, #4
- Junior Library Guild selection
- New York Public Library Stuff for the Teen Age List, 2010
- New York Times Best Seller
- North Carolina School Library Media Association Young Adult Book Award Nomination
- Texas Library Association TAYSHAS High School Reading list, 2010-2011