Collins, Suzanne. (2008). The Hunger Games. New York: Scholastic.
|Image credit: Wikipedia|
In order to prevent her sister from certain death, seventeen year-old Katniss must battle to the death at The Hunger Games, a life or death battle where winning means being the only one left alive.
How far would you go for the ones you loved? Katniss Evergreen has just volunteered to take her little sister's place as one of District 12's tributes for the annual Hunger Games. In doing so she will spare her sister's life, but she will be putting hers on the line.
Accompany Katniss as she battles twenty-three other children in an arena that is an unpredictable killing field controlled by the Gamemakers. The only way to make it out alive is to be the last man standing. Who will survive and win this year's Hunger Games?
Check out the new film adaptation of the book out March 23, 2012
- ALA Amelia Bloomer Project List, 2009
- ALA Notable Children’s Book
- ALA Top Ten Best Books for Young Adults
- Black-eyed Susan Award, 2010-2011
- Booklist Editors’ Choice, 2008
- CCBC Choices, 2009
- Children’s Choice Book Award, 2009
- Cybil Award for Fantasy & Science Fiction, 2008
- Horn Book Fanfare
- Indies Choice Best Indie Yung Adult Buzz Book Honor
- Isinglass Teen Read Award, 2009-2010
- Kirkus Best Book, 2008
- New York Times Bestseller
- New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice
- New York Times Notable Children’s Book, 2008
- NYPL “Stuff for the Teen Age” List, 2009
- Publishers Weekly Bestseller
- Publishers Weekly’s Best Children’s Fiction Books, 2008
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2008
- Teen Choice Book of the Year Finalist
- USA Today Bestseller
- Wall Street Journal Bestseller
- YALSA'S Teens' Top Ten, 2009
- LA Times Favorite Children’s Book, 2008