A young boy lives a hard life retrieving part from broken down ships. When he discovers a young girl in one of the ships he will be faced with many hard decisions.
What did the Ship Breaker find? Every person experiences a turning point in their lives. For Nailer that time came the day he discovered Nita among the wreckage of a ship. Before he found her his life was anything but great. His father was addicted to drugs and abusive. His mother is dead and the only people he has are his best friend and her mother. Nita changes everything. Nailer is unsure whether he should disregard her and strip the ship she came from or if he should rescue her and hope she offers him a better life. Will Nailer follow his heart, or will he continue to be a Ship Breaker?
- Amazon.com Best of Books of 2010
- Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy Nominee, 2011
- Booklist Starred Review
- Junior Library Guild Selection
- Michael L. Printz Award, 2010
- National Book Award Finalist, Young People's Literature, 2010
- Publishers Weekly Starred Review